Packing all your stuff before moving to your new place is a huge hassle alone, especially if you don’t have Cheap Removal Companies Brockley assisting you in the task.
To make the process get to completion without any obstacles, it’s always good to hire a removal company that readily offers packing services at affordable rates. There are companies who do this task exclusively, about which I have talked in Need Assistance for Your Move? Take a look at these versatile types of Cheap Removal Companies Brixton.
Along with acquiring the professional help, you should follow the following 12 tips for a thorough and safe packing of all your belongings:
- When you are planning how to pack everything up, start with clearing the space a bit. Discard all the unnecessary items in your house. Make sure no unwanted stuff gets into your packages as it will directly increase your moving cost.
- Check each area of your house individually for spotting the surpluses and disposing them off. Kitchen should be your biggest target as there are loads of unwanted things often kept in the kitchen cabinets.
- Check your garden area and garage and dump the extras from there as well. Pack all the tools and equipment in separate boxes. For sharp-edged tools, cover them in an additional sheet of cardboard and then place them in the main big box for final packing.
- If you have kept your clothes in the drawers and closets, there is no need of taking them out. You can ask movers to carry the closets and drawers carefully along with the stuff inside. But do take out the delicate stuff for separate packing.
- Divide all your belongings into small groups based on their similarities and then start packing. This will save much of your time.
- For packing heavy items, select boxes that are made of some tough material and are capable of supporting the heavy load. The size of such boxes should not be bigger than the actual size of the item.
- When packing the electrical appliances, prefer to use their original standard packaging for this purpose. If you haven’t got one, pack them in normal boxes but with extra packing material enclosing the appliance for extra safety.
- Home fixtures and decorations that are made of component parts should be packed after disassembling them.
- For more fragile items, paintings etc. some extra care should be taken while packing. Secure them in extra cardboard sheet or newspapers. Then place them in boxes in which they fit perfectly and tightly so that they don’t get displaced inside the boxes while loading/unloading.
- Ask your children to join in to save more time.
- Mark all the boxes clearly and descriptively.
- Make the boxes extra secure by tying them up with ropes or sealing them with extra cellophane tape. You can also use jute sacks for packing the dry edible materials stored in your kitchen in a large quantity.